The Wait

Patience: the gentle clock hand circles,
and what was promised once, will be...
The Son - Rainier Maria Rilke, tr. Edward Snow

Today, I (Elizabeth) was happy to receive an email confirmation from our placement officer, indicating receipt of my updated resume and our updated availability:
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for your emails. I will add this information to your file now. We will be in touch if we need any additional information.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
I suppose there is nothing to do now but wait. 

Earlier today, I visited the Peace Corps recruiting office -- I went down to pick up a DVD to show my English class. My students are very curious about the Peace Corps. I had a nice chat with our recruiter while I was there, who told me that there probably won't be much, if any, email or phone communication from the Placement Office from here on out. The next thing to expect, she said, is a big blue envelope on our doorstep. 

For now, patience.

To honor the waiting game, I post two videos for your enjoyment. Anticipation, by Carly Simon and The Waiting, by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrabble Dash!

Teaching English

Odds and Ends