Invited!

In the wee hours of the morning, I had a gut feeling that the Peace Corps might have updated our status, so I grabbed my iPod and checked my email. Updates occur sometime in the middle of the night, and sure enough, there was a message in my inbox saying they'd updated my application status. An invitation perhaps? After incorrectly typing in my password  -- twice -- I managed to log on and was greeted by the happy message: "Congratulations! You have been invited to become a Peace Corps Volunteer." I got out of bed and found Perry. He hadn't yet checked his email, so I showed him my updated status. Of course, I couldn't get back to sleep after that!

Wow! This is really happening!

Our invitation packets were mailed yesterday, so we hope to get them before we board our cruise to Alaska on Sunday. We won't know where we'll be going our when we'll be leaving until those packets arrive. We're pretty certain that the invitations are for Africa, with a July departure -- when it comes to the Peace Corps, though, the only thing that's certain is uncertainty ;). After receiving our invitation packets, we'll have 7 days to accept or decline. We'll be accepting! Then, a new raft of paperwork and planning will begin. We're ready for it. 

- by Elizabeth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrabble Dash!

Teaching English

Odds and Ends